Sunday, January 16, 2011

Introduction

I was first introduced to the Harry Potter phenomenon with the first movie when it was titled "Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone".  I loved the movie so much I decided I must read the book to see how true to the story the movie was.  I was amazed at how close the movie followed the book and I loved them both.  I was determined from that point forward to read the books prior to seeing the next movie. 

For Christmas 2010 my wonderful husband got me a boxed set of all the movies released to date on blue ray with extended scenes and lots of other added features.  This included all movies from "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone"  the original title of the first book/movie to "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince".  He also started this blog for me and introduced me to the Harry Potter Challenge 2011 by DaemonsMovies.com.  Oh yah, and for little Christmas (January 6, 2011) he gave each of us our own wands from Olivanders.  What a cool gift. 

So from this point forward I will have one blog per month reviewing the movies and other periodic blogs on my thoughts and meanderings through Harry Potter's world.  If anyone knows a great website or book or anything else with cool information, post a response.  I love to explore and learn all I can.  Some sites I have begun to explore include http://www.hp-lexicon.org/index-2.html and JK Rowlings site http://www.jkrowling.com/.  I also have been looking into history to correspond real events with the history in the books.  Some cool stuff!    Anyway, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment